Self-employed business owners will continue to be the target of more scrutiny, thanks to the Internal Revenue Service's new Small Business/Self-Employed Operating Division. This Division will focus on partnerships and sole proprietors with more than $100,000 in total gross revenues, and small corporations with less than $5 million on their balance sheets. In addition, Congress has approved an increase in funding that the IRS is going to use to try to increase the number of audits conducted.
Congress wants to make sure that every deduction is legal and is documented. Stressed Out Try our Virtual Bookkeeping
Is your record keeping a nightmare? Most small business owners are very unorganized when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting. There just isn't enough hours in the day and enough of us to go around.
Here are some tips to help make the task less painful.
* Keep all your receipts. (everything: whether you need it or not)
* Keep a large envelope in your car; put every receipt in it. Not in your visor, glove box or console.
* Buy a calendar with small boxes for each day. Write down the odometer reading in the box for that day and where you are going. Do this every day.
* At the end of the month calculate the miles driven for business and personal: write the total for each on the calendar.
* Compile your receipts from the envelope and match with credit cards, debit cards and bank account.
And then upload the information to your client portal at First Tax Solution and we will do the rest for you. First Tax Solution is the Number 1 Small Business Accounting Firm. We really do make your life easier. With our On line Business Tax Preparation, our IRS Problem Resolution and Virtual Bookkeeping. We have you covered.
We are the Nations first Virtual Accounting Firm, Our motto is Accounting, Business Consultation and Tax Service When You Need It.
Contact us today First Tax Solution